Can an HSA be used to purchase Plexus products?

placing-orders

I used to have an HSA and now am talking to a lot of potential Plexus customers who do have HSAs (Health Savings Accounts). I’m guessing that the answer to this question might be: “it depends on the specific HSA plan” but I’m wondering what others have experienced ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some might wonder… What is an HSA? Here’s more info about HSAs…

“To get the benefits of an HSA, the law requires that the savings account be combined with a qualified high deductible health insurance plan which can cost less than other health insurance plans… A health savings account (HSA) is a tax-favored savings account created for the purpose of paying medical expenses.” (Ref)

HSA dollars can be used to help pay the health insurance deductible and qualified medical expenses, including those not covered by the health insurance, like dental and vision care." (Ref)

I have had a customer use her HSA for Plexus. It just depends on the HSA plan. I always tell my customers it does not hurt to try to run their HSA card. If it goes trough great!!! I have also heard that sometimes they just need an actual prescription from the DR for Plexus. Lot’s of Dr.s will give the prescription for Plexus if they ask for it.